“The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere.
They’re in each other all along.”-Rumi
Valentines Day, and everyday, is a time to celebrate love. Love of ALL kinds, big and tall, near and far, friendships and soulmates. This is a time to reflect and show a gesture to the ones we love. This Valentines don't forget yourself, too. It doesn't have to be an extravagant weekend away at the spa to show yourself some self-love. It can just take few moments or minutes to connect to your inner peace and love.
"Everything you need to be great is already inside you." -Rumi
Choose 1 or ALL of these ways to treat yourself this Valentine's Day:
*Give yourself extra time to get ready or to wind down from the day. Instead of rushing in the shower, time take in a bath with epson salts and your favorite essential oils.
*Find time and a quiet space to sit and meditate for 5-10 minutes. It can be completely silent or find a soft tune for the background. You can find music on YouTube or Pandora by searching words like: Native flute, singing bowls, bells….
* Soak your feet and give yourself a mani/pedi, light a candle and or incense, play your favorite music or record.
* Make a cup of tea and do nothing else until the tea is gone.
* Prepare your favorite meal and enjoy alone or with family and friends.
* Write yourself a letter expressing all of the things you love about yourself.
* Treat yourself to one (or a few) of your favorite items in your Amazon 'Saved for Later' cart!
Remember that each day to find the joy and love inside of you. It will be and has been there all along...
Models: Addison Briann (@addison.briann) and Lexia Hayden (@lexiahayden)